Upgrading your Commanders in wrong ways could make them very useless. Sometimes it is even worse, you want to create completely account, just because of a wrong move.
If you are new to Rise of Kingdoms and especially you are a free-to-play player, this must be a very crucial guide for you.
Firstly, never use the 4-star trick on your Legendary Commanders. You want to upgrade the skills of them slowly and correctly.
Why Legendary Commanders? What about the Others?
- We want to mainly focus on Legendary ones in this article because obtaining Legendary Sculptures is extremely hard. You do not want to totally waste all of your hard-earned Sculptures on your beloved Commanders, eventually seeing them become very useless.
- It’s a lot easier to obtain the other Sculptures so you can easily fix your mistakes.
- Only use the 4-star trick on your gathering Commanders.
How to Effectively Upgrade Skills for Legendary Commanders
As we have all already known, each Legendary Commanders have 4 main skills and the 5th skill is unlocked once all of the other skills are maxed.
If you use the trick we mentioned above to unlock 3-4 skills at once, when you upgrade the skill of your Commander, it will randomly pick any non-maxed skill to upgrade. Thus, it might not upgrade the strongest, the most important skill of that Hero.
For example, Minamoto‘s most important skill is the first one. If you unlock all 4 at once and then start upgrading them, you will most likely have the 3rd skill being upgraded to max first.
- Minamoto no Yoshitsune: The most important skill is the first skill. The worst skill is the third skill. So, you want to upgrade his 1st skill first, then the 2nd one. After that, you can unlock the last skills at once so you will be able to upgrade the 4th skill while trying to avoid the 3rd one.
- Yi Seong-Gye: Similar to Minamoto, max out the first skill → second skill → the rest.
- El Cid: First skill → second skill → the rest.
- Cao Cao: Max out the first skill → unlock the rest.
- For supporting: Max out the first skill first → unlock the 3rd skill.
- For gathering: Unlock everything you can at once.
- Richard I: 1 → 2 → 3/4. However, all of his skills are decent. If you have already unlocked them all, it’s fine!
- Charles Martel: 1 → 2 → 3/4
- Julius Caesar: 1 → 2 → 3/4
- Frederick I: 1 → 2 → 3/4. The first two skills are insane in the combats. You have to max them first to make the most of this Commander.
- Hannibal Barca: 1 → 2 → 3/4. The first two are the strongest skills.
- Mehmed II: 1 → 2 → 3/4. The first two skill offer insane amount of damage.
- Others: 1 → 2 → 3/4
The main idea is to max out the first skill, the active, of your Commanders first. It’s because, in the combats, your Heroes constantly trigger their active skills. The stronger those skills are, the move advantages, the more damage, the more buffs you could do.
If your Heroes are mainly for gathering and they rarely have the chance to activate their first skills, there is no point to not unlock all of their skills.