Complete guide to Trajan in Rise of Kingdoms. Let’s take an in-depth quick look at his skills, talent trees, and the other tips for making the most of him!
Rome | Optimus Princeps
Leadership | Versatile | Support
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Great for Open-Field.
- Big buff that boosts main stats.
- Specialized in leading all types of troops.
- Great support for his troops and nearby allies.
- While fighting outside of the territory, Trajan will be a much stronger against any enemy.
- Does not have any healing factor.
- He has a skill that forces him to use mixed troops.
Trajan is a commander focused on PVP open-field combat.
One of his main strengths is fighting outside of the Alliance territory, thanks to his skill “Expanding Borders” which increases the health of his troops while they are outside their territory.
“Trajan’s Column” is a unique skill of its kind in Rise of Kingdoms. It has a strong buff for Rage regeneration and Damage skill, in addition to having a damage effect on the its enemy (This skill is improved further by the Expertise skill)
“Great Expedition” is his passive skill that specializes in the use of mixed troops since it increases his troop capacity by 10% and when he has 3 or more types of units in the army. It increases the damage his skill causes on the enemy. and at the same time applies a strong debuff to increase this type of damage.
Deals direct damage to the target. Troops led by this commander and nearby allied troops gain bonus skill damage and 15 additional rage per second for 3 seconds. However, at the same time, incoming damage is increased by 25% for 3 seconds.
- Damage Factor: 100/150/200/250/300
- Skill Damage Bonus: 10% / 13% / 16% / 20% / 25%
- Rage Bonus: 15/20/25/30/40
Increases the defense of troops led by this commander. Troops also get HP bonus when they are not in the Alliance territory!
- Defense bonus: 5% / 8% / 11% / 15% / 20%
- Health bonus: 5% / 8% / 11% / 15% / 20%
Increase troop capacity of the Trajan’s dispatch. When there are 3 or more different types of units in the army, they deal additional direct damage to the current target when using an active skill and increase the damage dealt to the target by 4 sec.
- Troop capacity bonus: 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10%
- Direct damage Factor: 100/150/200/250/300
- Target takes more damage: 5% / 8% / 11% / 15% / 20 %
Battle of Tapae
Normal attacks offers a charge bonus to the unit defense for 10 seconds. The duration resets when a new charge occurs. Can stack up to 10 times. The effect can only occur once every 8 sec.
- Defense bonus: 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% / 6%
Five Good Emperors
Enhanced Skill: Trajan’s Column
Deals direct damage to the target (Damage Factor 400). Troops led by this commander and nearby allied troops gain +30% bonus skill damage and 50 rage per second for 3 seconds. At the same time, damage taken is increased by 25% for 3 seconds.
Best Talent Trees for Trajan
Open Field Build
- This time we will not use any of the talents of “ Versatility”
- Loose Formation: Reduces skill damage taken by 9%. Excellent talent for PVP Open-field, we will reduce the damage suffered by any skill that affects us.
- Burning Blood: Normal attacks grant an additional 9 rage. Each attack of Trajan will increase the regeneration of Rage by 9, which will facilitate the launch of his skill during battles.
- Hasty Departure: When troops led by this commander depart from a structure. Increases march speed by 60% for the next 10 seconds. It’s not a fundamental talent, however, it is necessary to develop it to achieve “Rejuvenate”, if we apply it in this build to reach specific points quickly, we can benefit from it.
- Rejuvenate: Instantly restores 150 rage whenever a skill is used. A great talent in “Support” gives us a rapid Rage regeneration when using our skill, if we take advantage of “Burning Blood” effectively we will reuse “Trajan’s Column” in any battle and our troops will be constantly improved, in turn we benefit our allies around the effect.
- Fresh Recruits: Increases maximum troop capacity by 3%. “Fresh Recruits” + Skill “Great Expedition” = + 13% maximum troop capacity.
- Healing Herbs: Enhances healing effects received by troops by 9%. Trajan does not have healing effects in open field, however, as long as he is accompanied by a commander who has a healing skill this will be a good talent to heal a percent of the army.
- Hidden Wrath: Grants an additional 6 rage every time this commander’s troops are attacked. Good talent for open-field, it will help us to regenerate rage during the battle to reuse our skill much faster.
- Armored to the Teeth: When armies led by this commander contain 3 or more different unit types, all damage taken is reduced by 3%. Essential talent for using Trajan’s mixed troops in open-field.
- Armed to the Teeth: When armies led by this commander contain 3 or more different unit types, all damage dealt is increased by 3%. Excelent!
- Strategic Prowess: After using skill, increases troop defense by 20% for the next 2 seconds. Very good talent
Trajan is a great commander for open-field.
However, something we recommend is using him as the secondary commander.
His talents are very varied and focus on the versatility of this commander as a support or specialist in leading mixed troops, something that In advanced or higher power kingdoms it is not highly recommended against commanders focused on a single type of units and specialized in causing great impact in open-field, regardless of how we use it both primary and secondary.
Trajan is a great commander however, very versatile and powerful.
Best Commanders Pairings for Trajan
Any commander who has a strong buff and debuff application will be his best commander pairing options.
|One of the best Open-field commanders in the game according to our commander tier list.
His resistance and constant improvement to his troops make him an undisputed leader. Together with Trajan, they will be extremely strong and difficult to defeat, thanks to the constant buffs and debuffs of both on their troops and objectives, very resistant for open-field battle.
|A strong infantry commander specialized in defense and constant buff on his troops. He also has a great healing effect that can be improved in case we use Trajan as the primary hero.
Constantine is a powerful pairing for both primary and secondary open-field, providing a constant persistence.
|Hannibal a great conqueror specialized in the use of mixed troops.
Together with Trajan, they combine their skills almost perfectly since they have a strong application of buff and debuff to their troops and enemies.
Both increase statistics and improvements to their units while more types of units they have in their teams, the more capacity of troops they have. They also have same ability to fight better outside their territory.
|Lu Bu is a great conqueror specialized in attacking cities.
He has very good skills and talents to lead any army in open-field.
In addition to this, he does not have a unique specialty in troops, therefore the use of several units in his army is excellent like Trajan, they combine troop capacity and strong attack buff at the same time.
|A strong commander for open-field, thanks to her constant improvement of troops in buff.
She does not have a specialty in leading units, therefore this makes her a great pairing for Trajan since both perfectly combine the use of mixed troops.
Recommended Equipment for Trajan
|40 days||Cavalry Attack +8%Infantry Attack +3%
Archer Attack +3%
|72 days||Cavalry Defense +13%Archer Health +6%
Infantry Health +4%
|48 days||Cavalry Defense +8%Archer Attack +5%|
|32 days||Archer Attack +4.5%Infantry Attack +3%
Cavalry Attack +3%
|48 days||Archer Defense +8%Cavalry Defense + 5%|
|32 days||Archer Health +5.5%Cavalry Attack +3%|
|Total||272 days||Cavalry Attack + 22%Cavalry Defense + 21%
Cavalry Health +0%
Archer Attack + 15.5%
Archer Defense + 7.5%
Archer Health +11.5%
Infantry Attack + 9%
Infantry Defense + 0%
Infantry Health +4%