Undoubtedly Gems is the most valuable resource in Rise of Kingdoms. There are lots of ways to earn Gems in the game: By doing events, completing quests, farming Barbarians/Forts, opening Alliance Chests, buying bundles etc.
Due to tons of value Gems offer and due to the rarity of this currency, understanding the best ways to farm and spend Gems efficiently is super important for all new players.
Best Gems Spending Priorities:
- Unlocking VIP 6
- More Than Gem Event – You should be able to get to VIP 8+ now.
- VIP 10 – Get 1 Free Legendary Sculpture every day.
- 8-hour speedups – 20 of them each week from (VIP-8 shop)
- Spin Wheel of Fortune to get YSG + Khan
- VIP-12 – Get 2 Free Legendary Sculptures every day
- Book of Covenants (It’s a waste unless you’re a mod tier spender/hard grinder)
- Keep upgrading VIP levels.
How to Spend Gems Effectively?
After getting to VIP 6, you will only want to spend most of your Gems during the More Than Gems event! This is literally the best time to spend your Gems since you get extra rewards for spending Gems.
Buying VIP Points
The higher VIP ranks you are, the more perks and benefits you have. Try to get to at least VIP 10 before spending your Gems on anything else. Only buy enough VIP points to get to the new level, no more. The extra Gems can be more useful for other things.
Buying Items from the Courier Station
Buy all of the items that do not require Gems right away. Buy the Speedups which are discounted at 60-70% using your Gems. Do not buy the Teleports as you can easily get it from the Alliance Store.