Everything you need to know about K’inich Janaab’ Pakal (Pakal II) in Rise of Kingdoms!
Cheok Jun-gyeong and K’inich Janaab’ Pakal are the two new commanders getting released in the same update!
K’inich Janaab’ Pakal
Infantry | Conquering | Defense
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Excellent Legendary Infantry Commander for attack cities and strongholds.
- Great damage absorption and damage per skill.
- Great damage reduction.
- Powerful damage increase when attacking cities and stronghold.
- Excellent dispelling skill when this commander attack cities or strongholds.
- Does not have any healing factor.
- His skills force him to be a commander for Rally.
Pakal II Summary
Pakal II is the new infantry commander who comes to Rise of Kingdoms as a born conqueror. His skills and talents make him a powerful leader against any type of city or stronghold he faces.
“Balanced Strategy” his active skill deals direct damage to the enemy and at the same time provides his troops a strong damage absorption shield.
As a great conqueror Pakal II combines 2 of his passive skills only to attack cities and strongholds “Divine Sovereignty” + “Mayan Strength” (Expertise), that is why this guide recommends using him as the primary commander only for Rally, in open-field it’s best to use him as the secondary commander.
As a Primary commander, the combination of Talents and Skills is important to attack cities and strongholds.
K’inich Janaab’ Pakal Skills
Deals skill damage to the current target (Damage Factor 1300) and troops led by this commander gain a shield for 3 seconds which can absorb a large amount of damage (Damage Factor 500).
- Direct Damage Factor: 700/800/900/1100/1300
- Shield (Self): 200/250/300/400/500
Ruler of Palenque
Infantry units led by this commander gain 30% increased health and 15% increased march speed. When this commander launches a rally attack, all damage dealt is increased by 5%.
- Infantry Health Bonus: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%
- Infantry March Speed Bonus: 3%/6%/9%/12%/15%
- All damage of rallied troops: 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%
When attacking strongholds or cities, infantry led by this commander gain 40% increased attack, and have a 20% chance of dispelling any currently active Slow, Poison, Exhaust, and other weakening effects. This skill can trigger once every 10 seconds.
- Infantry attack bonus: 20%/25%/30%/35%/40%
- Probability: 5%/8%/11%/15%/20%
Holy Tree’s Blessing
Reduces all damage taken by 10%. While on the map, reduces all damage taken when surrounded (bonus reduction = number of surrounding enemies x 5%). The number of surrounding enemies that can be factored into this bonus damage calculation has an upper limit of 6.
- Damage Taken Reduced by: 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%
- All Damage Taken Decreased (Per Stack): 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%
New Skill – Passive Skill
When this commander launches a rally attack, all damage dealt is increased by 5%. Troops led by this commander deal 3% increased counterattack damage and take 20% less damage from all sources for 5 seconds after using an active skill. This effect
Best Pakal II Talent Trees
- Moment of Triumph: This talent will increase the damage up to 9% of our troops led by Pakal while maintaining their strength to more than 90%. Ideal to always reinforce our Rally while attacking cities or strongholds.
- Marionette: Reduces damage taken from watchtowers by 15%. Ideal for having the least possible loss of troops and taking less damage during our attack. It only works against cities, as these are the only ones that have watchtowers.
- Signal Flare: Increases damage dealt to watchtowers by 15%. Our direct attack against the watchtowers of the enemy city will be rewarded with extra damage essential for a quick victory.
- Tear of Blessing: As a great Conqueror talent it will help us reduce the loss of troops during our Attack to a maximum of 9%, we must reach this talent if we want to conquer.
- Entrenched: Increases all damage dealt to strongholds by 3% and damage taken form stronghold garrison is reduces by 3%. Against any structure we will do and suffer less damage.
- Meteor Shower: When attacking garrison, normal attacks have a 10% chance to increase all damage dealt on the next turn by 50%. Excellent!
- No Weaknesses: Reduces damage taken by 1.5%. Pakal much more defensive.
- Burning Blood: Grants an additional 6 rage every time this commander’s troop are attacked.
- Master Armorer: When troops led by this commander enter battle, increases defense by (1.5% X Commander Star Level) %. Multiplying the maximum possible star, 6 x 1.5 = 9% Defense for our troops. Excellent!
- Iron Spear: Infantry units led by this commander deal an additional 9% damage to cavalry units. Good talent if the garrison is defended by commanders and cavalry units like Jadwiga, it will also be ideal if we defend some structure and suffer the direct attack of the enemy cavalry.
- Undying Fury: Normal attacks grant an additional 9 rage.
- Double-Headed Axe: Increases normal attack damage by 1.5%. An extra damage gain for our troops.
- Call of the Pack: When the army led by this commander has been reduced to 50% strength, increases defense of all troops by 6%. By attacking cities or strongholds thanks to this talent we will keep our troops much more defensive when we have lost 50% of our units.
Pakal could be used as primary by making some combinations of talents, however, some of his skills will be useless for Open-field, therefore, as we have explained, he is the primary commander for Rally only and secondary for open-field.
Best Commanders Pairings for Pakal II
|Guan Yu, one of the best Open-field and Rally Infantry commanders. The combination of both is extremely fearsome when attacking any city or stronghold both are conquerors and share strong absorption buff, damage, damage per skill, talents, and skills to destroy any garrison.|
|Strong infantry commander, excellent as a secondary thanks to his buff and damage absorption, in addition to his constant increase of primary statistics to his units, Leonidas is one of the best options together with Pakal to conquer.|
|Excellent commander specialized in leading infantry, a fearsome option alongside Pakal thanks to the fact that they both share strong statistics, application of buff and debuff as well as strong active skills that empower each attack.|
Best Equipment for Pakal II
|40 Days||Infantry Attack +13%|
|72 Days||Infantry Attack +8%|
|48 Days||Infantry Attack +8%|
|32 Days||Infantry Defense +5.5%|
|48 Days||Infantry Health + 8%|
|32 Days||Infantry Defense +5.5%|
|Total||272 Days||Attack + 29%
Defense + 11%