An instant guide to Edward of Woodstock so that you can easily understand his skills, how he works and the best ways to make the most of him in Rise of Kingdoms!
Edward of Woodstock
Britain| The Black Prince
Archer | Versatility| Skill
Edward of Woodstock is exclusively available for kingdoms over 120 days.
- Edward of Woodstock is a Legendary Archer commander, established as one of the best archer commanders in Rise of Kingdoms. Extremely versatile in any type of battle, their skills turn archers into strong units capable of facing any enemy on the battlefield.
- He is excellent in rally and open field, his power as an archer commander and perfect balance impose a difficult obstacle to overcome to any enemy regardless of his specialty, Edward is very powerful.
- His role as a commander in Rise of Kingdoms is that of Principal. Having him secondary we stop much of his damage thanks to his active skill “Archer’s Honor”.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Edward has the highest damage per skill in the game, it is extremely high damage.
- He is a versatile archer commander thanks to his march speed, great resistance (health) and attack that he offers to his units.
- Good against any commander thanks to its high DPS. Better yet against infantry.
- Great commander for PVP.
- It does not have a healing factor.
- His role as commander is only primary, secondary loses much of his skill damage.
- The cavalry will be its main weakness, its powerful attack will be very effective against the little defense that Edward imposes.
Edward of Woodstock’s Skills
|Deals massive damage to a single target (Damage Factor 1500, 750 if this commander is serving as a secondary commander). Once used, it will reduce the rage of Edward’s troops by 300 (cannot drop below 0 rage).|
The active skill has a high damage factor, so it’s best to use Edward as a primary commander to maximize his high damage factor.
If he is used as a secondary commander, the damage factor is reduced by a lot.
What is unique about Edward is his high rage cost to activate his active skill with high damage factor as a primary commander and he will reduce his own rage of 300 per skill cast.
|Increases archer units health by 10% and march speed by 10% while troops are on the map.|
Increasing up to 30% of Archer’s HP + March Speed at level 5 is literally a lot! Edward is made to go crazy with Archers!
|When the army led by this commander contains only archer units, increases skill damage by 5% and increases damage dealt to Infantry units by archer units by 1%.|
So make sure you have only archer units, no mix troops in here to make the most of him. You need to, also, focus on the Archer path in the talent tree to boost the Archers furthermore.
Initially, Archers are already stronger than Infantry. Here, you will get even more power against the most used type of troops, the Infantry.
|When army led by this commander is at 70% strength or higher, increases attack of archer units by 15% and decreases defense by 10%.|
The way you want to play with Edward of Woodstock is not going to go too deep down to the enemy territories.
If you want to maximize this skill, you want to always have your army at 70%+ of HP percent.
A trick for you to use is to go is in and out of the city or the flag to refresh the army health bar. This way you will always have the HP staying above 70%.
All or Nothing
|Increase normal attack and counterattack damage by 50% for 2 seconds after using a skill.|
This is an outstanding skill but it is also a bit tricky, depending on the commanders you want to couple with Edward. You can earn tons of buffs If your secondary commander is great when having active skill gets casted frequently.
Edward of Woodstock’s Talent Trees
Open Field Build
Edward in open field has great skills and talents to fight in any battle. He is a commander that will not be easy to maximize if our player form is F2P, his main role makes him a leader and we must assign him another commander at his height (another Legendary archer commander) as secondary, pairing him with an epic commander will be useful but it will not be as effective.
“Archer’s Honor” his active skill causes massive single target damage that is one of the most dominant in the game, we can even say that Edward easily managed to disintegrate enemy armies thanks to this unique damage skill. “Vengeful Crusade” his passive skill is ideal for open field, it increases the damage of all his archer units including their march speed, both by 30%, it really is a tremendous skill in open field for a commander with these characteristics.
Edward as archer leader, will be the worst nightmare for any infantry army, “Crecy’s Campaign” one of his passive abilities that increases Edward’s damage per skill and in turn makes each of the bows under his command infringe 5% more than damage to infantry.
When taking him as the leader of our army in open field, we must be clear that it will depend on some specific talents, talents that will establish him as an undisputed leader of amazing power, for this the main talents in this build will be the following:
- This time we will not use any of the talents of “Versatility”
- Heraldic Shield: Reduces skill damage taken by 6%. Any damage reduction we have will be good for our battles, it will make us much more resistant.
- Burning Blood: Normal attacks grant an additional 9 rage. By focusing on our damage per skill, this talent will regenerate our rage much faster to reuse our active skill.
- Tactical Mastery: Increases active skill damage by 3%. Important for our damage skill increase.
- All for One: After the primary commander uses a skill, active skill damage of the secondary commander is increased by 6%. Any secondary commander with Edward will have an extra percentage of damage skill, this talent is great, it increases the damage of our army in general.
- Latent Power: Enhanced additional skill damage by 6%. “Latent Power” + “Tactical Mastery” = +9% additional skill damage. Great!
- Clarity: After using an active skill, increases skill damage by 6% for the next 6 seconds. Edward has an active skill that requires a lot of rage thanks to its massive damage, however, this talent will be ideal because before restarting the buff that guarantees us, he will have time to launch “Archer’s Honor” again this time with 6% extra damage..
- Rejuvenate: Instantly restores 60 rage whenever a skill is used. Important talent for the reuse of our active skill and take advantage of the talent “Clarity” safely.
- Feral Nature: Normal attacks have a 10% chance to grant an additional 100 rage. Its probability is very important, if we are lucky we can connect Edward’s massive attacks much faster and take advantage of any of the buffs per seconds like “Clarity”.
- Arrows Nocked: When the army led by this commander has been reduced to 50% strength, increases all attack troops by 9%. “Limoges’ Ambush” Edward’s passive skill when combined with this talent increases + 49% the attack of archers by reducing 50% strength.
- Rapid Fire: Increases normal attack damage of all troops led by this commander by 1.5%.
- Armed and Armored: Increases health of archer units by 3%. Our archers will be much more resistant.
- Thumb Ring: Archer units led by this commander deal an additional 9% damage to infantry units. Edward is a powerful commander against the infantry as he is an archer and has his skill “Crécy’s Campaign”, if we add this talent it will be a nightmare against these units.
- Razor Sharp: Grants an additional 9 rage after launching a normal attack. Any gain from Rage to Edward is important.
- Venomous Sting: Increases active skill damage of primary and secondary commanders by 8%. “Venomous Sting” + “Latent Power” + “Tactical Mastery” + “Clarity” = 23% Additional Skill Damage. Incredible!
By directing this build to open field, his talents are geared towards rapid Rage regeneration and skill damage. The archer units under your command will still be influenced by these talents that will increase their damage and defense, even improve their attack against infantry.
Edward, being one of the best archery commanders of the Rise of Kingdoms, has several forms of PVP play, this build will guide him to his innate condition of burning garrisons.
As we explained in the previous open field build, Edward has the skill that causes the most direct damage in Rise of Kingdoms and for it to inflict the maximum possible amount of damage it must be primary against any attack we plan.
This rally guide is aimed at balancing the damage of our commander with his skills, that is, looking for the best statistics in Edward as a leader, being able to effectively direct any type of rally without suffering the worst of consequences, reduce losses, having fundamental attack-defense-health statistics and achieving victory at all times thanks to your power as a commander, will be the main virtues of this build:
- This time we will not use any of the talents of “Versatility”.
- Heraldic Shield: Reduces skill damage taken by 6%. When attacking in rally it will be important to have this talent to reduce the damage of commanders caused to Edward.
- Burning Blood: Normal attacks grant an additional 9 rage. Very important talent.
- Tactical Mastery: Increases active skill damage by 3%. Excellent!
- All for One: After the primary commander uses a skill, active skill damage of the secondary commander is increased by 6%. An important talent for our secondary commander.
- Latent Power: Enhanced additional skill damage by 6%. “Latent Power” + “Tactical Mastery” = +9% additional skill damage.
- Clarity: After using an active skill, increases skill damage by 6% for the next 6 seconds. Like our open field build “Clarity” it will be very effective when attacking garrisons by rally.
- Rejuvenate: Instantly restores 60 rage whenever a skill is used. Excellent talent to continue taking advantage of “Clarity” during battle.
- Arrows Nocked: When the army led by this commander has been reduced to 50% strength, increases all attack troops by 9%. By losing 50% of our troops, we will gain 9% damage in the remaining ones, thus balancing our attack-loss.
- Rapid Fire: Increases normal attack damage of all troops led by this commander by 1.5%. Good.
- Armed and Armored: Increases health of archer units by 3%. More resistance for units commanded by Edward.
- Thumb Ring: Archer units led by this commander deal an additional 9% damage to infantry units. Edward will deal much more damage to infantry garrisons.
- Venomous Sting: Increases active skill damage of primary and secondary commanders by 8%. “Venomous Sting” + “Latent Power” + “Tactical Mastery” + “Clarity” (Passive Skill) = 23% Additional Skill Damage.
- Phoenix--Tail Arrows: When the army led by this commander contains only archer units, normal attacks have a 10% chance to trigger an additional attack (Damage Factor 200) on target. Good talent for probability, it deals extra damage to any garrison attacked by Edward.
- Whistling Arrows: When the army led by this commander contains only archer units, normal attacks have a 10% chance to increase all damage dealt by 25% for the next 2 seconds. This probability is great, when attacking a garrison during the 2 seconds Edward will cause a lot of damage.
Edward in every rally he leads, his bow will deal the damage necessary to defeat any enemy. This build increases the damage of your units and chances of getting more damage for seconds, seconds that can be vital in every attack or battle.
Best Commanders Pairings for Edward of Woodstock
Recommended Equipment for Edward of Woodstock
|22 Days||Cavalry Defense +3%|
Infantry Defense +5%
Archer Defense +5%
|3.5 Days||Infantry Health +2%|
Archer Defense +2%
Damage to Barbarians +3%
|14 Days||Infantry Attack +3%|
Archer Health +3%
Commander EXP Gain +3%
|10 Days||Cavalry Attack +2%|
Archer Attack +1%
Commander EXP Gain +3%
|14 Days||Infantry Defense + 3%|
Archer Defense +3%
Commander EXP Gain +3%
|0.75 Days||Archer Defense +2%|
Gathering Speed +1%
|Total||64.25 Days||Attack + 1%|
Defense + 12%