Full List of Rise of Kingdoms Commanders
- In Rise of Kingdoms, If you want to do battles or gather resources, you need to have at least one Commander, who leads your army troops.
- Every commander has command has three special abilities that feature the specialties of him/her. The Talent Trees of the commanders are built based on these three specialties.
- Every commander has 4 skills. You can unlock these skills by upgrading the Star of the Commander. 1⭐️ = 1 skill, 2⭐️ = 2 skills, 3⭐️ = 3 skills and so on.
- Epic and Legendary Commanders have a special 5th skill, which is called the Expertise skill.
- To unlock the Expertise skill, you need to get the first 4 skills to level 5.
- To upgrade the Star of a Commander, you can use specific-commander sculptures or the universal sculptures.
- You can only upgrade Star when the Commander hits the current max level cap.
Complete Guide to Rise of Kingdoms Commanders
When we start as beginners in Rise of Kingdoms, one of the greatest difficulties we face is the commanders in all their categories.
Being new players, we must follow certain steps, tricks, and tips depending on what we have to use our commanders safely.
In this guide, we will explain the generalities of the system and the correct way to use each of the options and tools that the game proposes to us to have the best possible commanders according to our game form (F2P or P2W).
What are commanders? Types of commanders, and how to get them
In Rise of Kingdoms, the commander is the leading character who will guide our troops to the role we assign him.
All commanders have skills, levels/experience, equipment, and 3 different talent specializations.
Each one of them requires sculptures and stars to increase their power, raise their level, and unlock their skills until they reach the maximum possible level.
There are 4 types of commanders, below, we will explain each of them and how to obtain them:
They are the most powerful commanders in the game thanks to their skills and absolute strength of rarity.
They are difficult to get, especially if you are F2P players, although not impossible.
Some can be obtained by opening golden keys in the tavern, this is the easiest and most effective way. The other Legendary commanders require certain events such as Mightiest Governor Event, Wheel of Fortune, Expedition (Aethelflaed), or payment methods (Minamoto no Yoshitsune or Hannibal Barca) to obtain.
Epic Commanders are pretty strong Commanders.
Each civilization has one as a leader (default commander), however, we can unlock them all as we progress through the game using silver and gold tavern keys and events such as “Expedition”, “Ceroli Crisis” for Keira and “Lohar Trial” for Lohar.
They are not as powerful as the legendary commanders, but they will be very helpful if we are F2P players especially because they require less time and effort to raise them to the maximum, unlike a Legendary.
The elite commanders are quick and easy to get through the keys in the tavern and events like “Expedition”.
These are useful for certain tasks in the game like farming but they are not good for fighting, defending and some other tasks. They are not strong commanders, just versatile for some in-game jobs.
They are the weakest commanders in the game, as well as the fastest and easiest to obtain through the tavern and the “Expedition”.
They are varied in terms of their form of skills and talents, but they are not recommended for almost any main task of the game, the use of these is only exclusive if we decide to use them in some work, however, we must be aware that they will not be our best option.
They are at the weakest link in the chain.
What are commander specializations and how to use them?
As we said, each commander has 3 specializations of different types, these provide a series of talents.
Sometimes skills that are effective for the performance of each of these leaders in the task that we order.
Below, the different types of specializations and an explanation of their use:
Archer: This specialization is guided to commanders who use archer skills and their purpose in the game is to fight or defend, each of the talents in this specialization only develops archer units under the command of their commander.
Cavalry: Commanders capable of leading cavalry will carry this specialization as part of their strength, each of the talents will grant powerful upgrades to the units under their command and increase the general statistics of the army.
Infantry: Specialization for commanders’ expert in leading infantry, their talents will grant these units improvements in fundamental statistics that will systematically grow into a powerful army under the command of these leaders.
Leadership: A general specialization for commanders who choose the absolute leadership of their army, each of the improvements within this one grant incredible versatility for open-field combat or attacks on garrisons, since they precisely improve the statistics of their army no matter the type of units they lead.
Integration: Specialization with a variety of talents for all types of units, it is one of the least used in Rise of Kingdoms since most of the commanders who have this specialization are experts “Gathering” or “Peacekeeping”, although it is still a diverse talents tree.
Attack: Strong and powerful commanders within Rise of Kingdoms have this specialization that grants multiple benefits for any type of unit regardless of their purpose, each of their talents offer an offensive gameplay, capable of causing a great impact in PVP battles.
Defense: The most defensive specialization in the game and the toughest. Most tank commanders have this ideal talent pool to increase their robustness and strength in any battle.
Mobility: Only commanders who are experts in leading cavalry will have this specialization, each talent will grant different improvements to the units under the leadership of these commanders, however, their main attribute is to increase march speed, they are characterized by being the fastest units of Rise of Kingdoms.
Support: Its main advantage as a specialization is to provide support of any kind to the units under the command of these commanders. It has several privileges that grant improvements to skills and resistance to units, example: increase in healing factor, fast regeneration of rage and damage skill reduction.
Skill: One of the most used specializations in Rise of Kingdoms thanks to its privileges of granting powerful improvements to commanders in terms of its rapid rage regeneration and increased damage skill, the effectiveness of its talents in both PVP and PVE battles is excellent.
Garrison: Only powerful commanders capable of defending any garrison to the last of their men have this strong specialization. Each of his talents is ideal to resist and repel any attack from the defensive position adopted by the commander and his troops, any garrison he protects will be his main strength.
Gathering: A one-of-a-kind specialization since commanders with this talent virtue will only be useful in collecting resources on the map, their skills will provide improvements for this work, in turn, this tree of talents will improve each of those skills, even grant some extra benefits.
Peacekeeping: Commanders with the gift of defeating neutral units more precisely and easily will have this specialization. Each of their talents improves the effectiveness of our commander and troops whether it is hunting barbarians, destroying barbarian forts or defeating event bosses in Rise of Kingdoms.
Conquering: A specialization purely for PVP and attack precisely on garrisons. The commanders favored by this skill maintain in their combat arsenal powerful skills capable of destroying structures garrisoned by enemies, the talents of “Conquering” will increase the efficiency of these attacks in an exquisite way, granting each of these commanders the power of destruction.
Versatility: As its name says “Versatility” is a varied specialty of improvements and benefits for all types of units and forms of play both PVP and PVE, it is the least used in Rise of Kingdoms and as part of our guide we can say that it is not recommended for any commander, just access the following 2 specializations before this.
The specializations in Rise of Kingdoms play a fundamental role for all commanders, each one of them makes them more precise in each activity they carry out, it is important to say that we must use our talents points in the best possible way using only the most convenient, for this, here are some tips or tricks.
Tips to develop the best specialization for our commanders
- If you are new to the game and do not have experience with any other video game specialization system, I recommend that you check each of our commanders separately before embarking on this adventure, within each profile you will find a detailed guide of talents and recommended specializations.
- Each of the levels of our commander grants a talent point, in turn increases the capacity of troops of these.
- Gathering, Infantry, Cavalry, Archer, Conquering and Garrison, are unique specializations in Rise of Kingdoms, their name tells us what is the innate talent of our commander or his main skill as a leader.
- If we get confused when it comes to developing a talent specialization for one of our commanders, don’t worry, you can always use “Talent Reset” an item that can be purchased in the alliance store, obtained through daily quest chests or in Mysterious Merchant for some gems, you can even save 3 different specialization settings per commander and then activate the one you want by “Talent Reset”.
- In multiple commanders we can use an exquisite variety of talents, we must not only focus on a single specialization or seek to develop one of these to the maximum. The variety of talents that the game gives us is great and we can create it to our liking.
Each commander has a series of skills in an order that depends on the experience and the level of stars that we have.
These skills identify and determine the strength of these commanders for any task we assign them, the differences between the rarity of commanders is quality of skills and cost of upgrades:
- Legendary and Epic Commanders: They have 5 Skills, 1 Active, 3 Passive, and 1 Definitive (Expertise) is unlocked when reaching the maximum (5 Points) of all the previous skills.
- Elite and Advanced Commanders: They have 4 Skills, 1 Active, and 3 Passive, all with a maximum of 5 points.
These skills are progressive through a sculpture system that improves with each level.
To perfect each of these, we need to add a certain amount of sculptures that varies according to the rarity of each commander and the amount needed for each promotion, in total:
|690 Sculptures||440 Sculptures||340 Sculptures||230 Sculptures|
The lower quality commanders are much easier to improve to their maximum power, and the Legendaries being the most powerful in the game are the most difficult if we are free to play players, however, they are not impossible.
Being F2P players: Focus all your golden sculptures in a single commander until you achieve your ultimate skill “Expertise”, so little by little.
Stars and Leveling Up
As part of all these series of talents and skills, we need to increase the experience of our commander to gain each of these improvements.
The starlight sculptures in Rise of Kingdoms have the task of unlocking the skills in order and each star increases the maximum experience of the commander by 10 levels.
If you increase to 2 stars, they will be able to reach level 20 and automatically unlock their 2nd skill, like this successively:
|Type of Starlight Sculpture||Luck
Like the sculptures, while the rarity of the commander is higher from Advanced to Legendary it will be much more difficult to increase the level of stars and his experience, then the total of experience for every 10 levels:
Commander EXP requirement
Tips for using the Stars and Leveling Up
- Before increasing the star level of a commander to unlock the 2nd skill, make sure you always have the 1st skill to the maximum, this is the active skill and the most important in most of the commanders of Rise of Kingdoms.
- Do not waste stars on commanders that you will not use at the beginning of the game, especially the Legendaries that the stars are more difficult to get unlike the rest, first decide which commander will be worth your effort and then use your arsenal of items to increase their power.
- The experience books are the most comfortable method to increase the experience to our commanders, however, the easiest and free method is by killing guardians in holy sites, they provide a quantity of experience that will be of great help.
- Like the stars, do not waste experience books on commanders that you will not use, they can be of help later depending on the game progress you have and the more advanced commanders you have can benefit from this experience.
Commander Roles and Pairing
In Rise of Kingdoms, by upgrading to a 3rd star, our commander will automatically allow us to pair it with another, we call this “Commander Pairing“, it is the main mechanism of commanders.
Two commanders can lead an army dispatch.
- Must be the most advanced commander we have in terms of skills, experience level, and stars.
- His/her talents strengthen the army.
- The equipment only works when being the primary commander.
- The level of the commander determines the maximum troop capacity of the dispatch.
- No matter the rarity of the commander, anyone can be used as primary.
- It can be a commander that we are developing, it would be ideal if he had all his skills to the maximum or at least effectively.
- The secondary commander’s talents DO NOT work.
- Equipment buffs DO NOT work.
- The secondary commander level does not determine the max troop capacity.
- Casts active skills right after the primary commander casting skills.
Being F2P players, it is advisable to use a primary Epic commander that we have quite advanced or at maximum and secondary assign a Legendary that we are developing little by little, so we will have an effective pairing.
We can make hundreds of variants of commanders as long as the main one has 3 stars, but never forget the specialization of each of these.
If you use a primary commander expert in leading cavalry, do not match it with a secondary commander that is expert in leading infantry, one either of the two would stop working depending on the units we assign them, or both would work with the use of mixed troops, but it is not recommended since many of the talents and skills of commanders require a single type of unit for their maximum use.
|Šárka||Integration | Gathering | Skill||Other|
|Lancelot||Cavalry | Versatility | Mobility||Britain|
|Tomoe Gozen||Archer | Versatility | Attack||Japan|
|Gaius Marius||Leadership | Gathering | Skill||Rome|
|Constance||Integration | Gathering | Skill||Germany|